- Learn the skills and insights to perform an in-depth industry analysis.
- Become able to assess the competitive forces that influence the industry environment and determine its attractiveness.
- Obtain access to major information platforms and sources providing information on China’s market and industry environments.
- New gained knowledge and insights are directly applicable in your professional environment.
- Learn to navigate information from sources including but not limited to International Organizations, PRC Organizations, Sino-Foreign Business Advocacy Organizations, Industry Associations, Research Institutes, Business Schools and Management Consultants.
In eight weeks, you will learn the skills and insights required to perform an in-depth analysis of an industry of your interest in China and compose a report that can be presented to senior management and serve as the basis for developing strategic planning for the desired Chinese market.
You will develop a better understanding of how to define China’s dynamic industry environment, identify current and expected future industry developments, and master tools, techniques, and best practices to perform industry analysis. You will develop a deeper understanding of the interconnectivity of the competitive forces that influence the industry competitiveness, attractiveness, and business profitability.
To successfully complete this course, you are expected to be “hands-on” and proactively performing industry analysis. At the beginning of the course, you will indicate in which market and industry you have an interest to develop a better understanding. Using a predefined structured template, you will create an overview of the knowledge and understanding related to the respective industry you currently possess. This overview serves the starting point for performing the industry analysis. This document is a “living document” which you will update and substantiate on a weekly basis throughout the course. Upon completion of the course, you have performed comprehensive industry analysis and an assessment of the attractiveness of the industry.
Your new skills and insights can be directly implemented in your professional work environment where you can support the design of future business strategies related to your industry in China.
|100% Online Delivery
The course is designed to be completed fully online enabling students to continue working during the course
Assessment is carried out through a series of written assignments to be completed at the end of each unit
The standard duration of the course is 8 weeks based on an average time commitment of 8 to 10 hours per week
Throughout the duration of the course you can contact your course professor for professional questions via the online learning environment
The course covers all literature and materials essential to performing industry analysis in China
No specific prior education or knowledge about industry analysis related to China is required to be admitted to this course
Executives from all industries interested in understanding the competitiveness and attractiveness of their business environment in China
A course certificate is issued upon the successful completion of the course
Tuition fee for the entire course is EUR 499 to be paid in advance